Mgr IT Infrastructure Operations (Hybrid)
- Job Category: Corporate - IT
- Job ID: 2023-17362
The Manager, IT Infrastructure Operations manages the technical infrastructure operations team distributed across network, database, server/operating system, cloud, and email functions. Primary responsibilities are planning, directing, measuring, and reporting on the operations as well as continuously improving the systems, processes and the team. The Manager, IT Infrastructure Operations will balance the resources of the team to deliver production systems availability and reliability, end to end monitoring and maintenance on entire production environment and increased throughout of tickets completed by Operations Team.
• Manage a multi-function technical team to achieve target levels of productivity and quality.
• Plan, design, implement and manage production environment monitoring and maintenance processes and methods to ensure high levels of availability, reliability, and quality of service to the business user community.
• Improve processes with automation, workflow optimization and automation across infrastructure environments.
• Develop, implement, and report on meaningful operational metrics that drive continuous improvement activities and results.
• Install accurate and thorough Root Cause Analysis process for incidents, including subsequent Problem management.
• Collaborate within IT and with various business leaders to communicate the current status of production systems as well as gather and deliver requirements for various projects across the systems.
• Conducts performance reviews and manages hiring, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
• Oversees employee development and talent growth.
• Focus on leading Ops IT team to next level of technical Service Delivery.
• Participate in Vendor Management functions, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree, IT, Computer Science, or related field; or 4 additional years of relevant IT Technical experience.
• 5-7 years of technical experience, managing the health, hygiene, stability, and outcomes of a Microsoft-based infrastructure production environment
• Minimum 2 years of people management experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Team leadership utilizing the ITIL framework for Incident and Problem management.
• Working technical knowledge and experience covering the entire Microsoft computing stack to include MS OS, Hypervisor, RDS, SQL Server, Active Directory, O365
• Hands-on expertise in optimizing processes and environments within IT to improve stability, performance while documenting and expanding the team’s knowledge and use of the improvements.
• Experience in compute capacity planning, server environment upgrades and patching and software license management.
• Multi-year experience in cloud environments of Azure and AWS.
• Functional knowledge of Network, SD WAN, Infrastructure Monitoring
• Practical understanding of SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) compliance obligations
• Solid comprehension of server and workstation patching best practices
Licenses and Certifications
• ITIL v3 or 4
Job Locations US-IL-Bolingbrook
Job Category Corporate - IT
Pay Class Full Time