RCM Specialist (Comm/BCBS Focused)
- Job Category: Corporate - Operations Support
- Job ID: 2024-18625
This role will partner with business leaders to improve and deliver positive change throughout the revenue cycle. The RCM Specialist will work to improve the accuracy and effectiveness of revenue cycle processes through account audits, data analysis, assisting in training sessions, and participating in team/vendor meetings, to name a few. This position will assist with updating ATI’s policies and procedures as it relates to their focused area within the revenue cycle.
• Employ continuous improvement efforts to improve key performance metrics for the focused area within the revenue cycle
• Provide ongoing monitoring of standards by conducting audits of all revenue cycle processes, vendors, and technology. Performs timely reviews of patient accounts, vendor work products, and remittances for denials to determine root cause of issue and appropriateness of actions taken, and assists in corrective action plan development
• Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
• Participate in vendor and department meetings as needed
• Assist in identifying changes to policies, procedures, and technology to improve efficiencies; analyze department needs and suggest ways to improve workflow.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate workload with high degree of proficiency and accuracy.
• Maintain open, consistent, and positive communication with other Revenue Cycle departments, clinics, and vendor partners.
• Other projects as assigned
Measurable Scope and Accountability
The RCM Specialist will need understanding of all revenue cycle processes but will be assigned to one of the following focused areas: Financial Clearance, Central Business Office, Commercial/Gov’t/SP AR Follow-up, or WC/API AR Follow-up.
• High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent
• Associate / bachelor’s degree
• 3 years of healthcare experience in clinical or office setting
• 1 year of healthcare revenue cycle experience
• Claim, Denial, and/or process auditing experience
• Previous experience with offshore revenue cycle vendors
• 2+ years of healthcare revenue cycle experience
• Denial reduction project experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Strong attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of data with the patient account.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
Job Locations US-IL-Bolingbrook
Job Category Corporate - Operations Support
Pay Class Full Time